We know eggs are packed with essential proteins and vitamins, making it a great addition to our everyday diet. But let’s be real, having hard-boiled or scrambled eggs every day can be such a bore. It’s time to shake this up this World Egg Day on 12 October!
If you don’t want to spend your days eating the same thing, maybe it’s time to add a little kick to your meals and give this fluffy egg cup recipe a try. Plus, it’s a great meal prep dish which you can prepare it in advance so you have a snack, breakfast or meal ready for when you don’t have time to cook. This recipe is a no-brainer, all you need to do is to mix up all the ingredients and pop it in the oven!
Recipe: Egg Muffin (Gluten-free)
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 handful sweet basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Coconut oil to grease the muffin mould
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
Pico de Gallo:
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- Fresh parsley, chopped (coriander works well too)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Grease your muffin moulds with the coconut oil and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tops turn golden.
- While waiting, make your Pico de Gallo by mixing all the ingredients for it in a bowl and set aside to serve with the egg cups.
For more similar recipes check out PurelyB.com